Child Support Payments-Violation Notice

How To Use

This is a Sales letter. You could just go into court and get the other party held in contempt, period.
  • The non-custodial parent knows they are in violation of the court order but are not making payments for a variety of reasons.
  • If you wish to write them, then work to soften their judgment rather than further attack them and drive them into a corner. If you believe a letter will not work, just go to court. They hear these matters every day and act in favor of the custodial parent in most cases with regards to payments. In most instances the court will order wage attachments and the like to enforce your rights to child support.
  • If the non-custodial parent is having legitimate problems making payments due to unemployment or other matters, you can elect to accept partial payments which will not effect the total payments due under the agreement unless you waive them. If the non-custodial parent has legitimate payment problems, the court will still generally side with you in any pressure you wish to bring upon the other party. However, if your children are visiting that non-custodial parent, they will, at best, not appreciate that pressure being brought against the other parent—and that can have a lasting impact on your relationship with them.
  • These matters are never easy to decide. Keep in mind that no one ever wins one of these battles so try to minimize the negative fall out to you and your children.